RECYCLE CENTER: The following items can be dropped off in the bins at the recycling site east, of the Water Department at 212 E. Fourth Street.
Accepted items include:
- Aluminum and Steel/Tin Cans-soft drink and beer cans, fruit and vegetable cans, aluminum foil, pie or dinner trays. Please rinse free of debris
- Glass bottles and jars – remove lids and rinse free of debris
- Plastic bottles labeled #1 or #2 – Typically milk jugs, water bottles, soda bottles and detergent type bottles. The bottom of the container will be labeled with a #1 or a #2. Remove lids and/or pumps. Rinse and flatten.
- Cardboard and Chipboard – Cardboard boxes and packaging, food cartons, shoe boxes, tissue boxes, etc. Please flatten.
- Newspapers and Magazines – Items can be bundled in PAPER bags or remain loose before placing in bin
- Household batteries – household batteries can be placed in the designated and labeled box. Household batteries include standard, rechargeable and button batteries. Please do not leave car batteries or PowerWheel batteries.
COMPOST SITE: Grass clippings, leaves, and flowers can be dumped at the compost site in a pile separate from tree limbs and brush. Both piles are located near the railroad, south of the Water Department at 212 E. Fourth Street.